types.


The other day, I was sitting with one of my favorite people in the world/MagDevTal's second mother. She started asking me questions about my dating life. The usual questions arose: "Who are you dating these days?", "Are you interested in anyone in the ward?" and so on. Then came the question, "Well, do you have a specific type?" I wasn't exactly sure how to answer the question. I had to ask myself about three times, "Do I have a type?".
I've been trying to answer that question since our discussion. I reflected on my dating history. That didn't help. You see, I've dated almost every type of guy, seriously. Skaters, surfers. Athletes, nerds. Asians, Latinos. Built, skinny. Popular, unknown. Tall, short. Soccer players, basketball players, rugby players, tennis players, football players. Don't get me started on football players. Quarterbacks, wide receivers. Peter Priesthoods, bad boys. I'm not saying that I'm a player. I've just dated a lot to try to find my type.
In high school I went through a phase. A much-too-prolonged phase of dating football players. I still tend to gravitate towards them. Does that mean they're my type? I don't think so. When I'm introduced to someone and they use the word "football" in their short bio, I'm not immediately interested.
What, exactly, constitutes a type? I still don't know.

So far, my type is the guy who makes me happy. Happier than anyone else can make me.
That type may get more and more specific as I date, but for now, that's it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

i think she meant blood type. that is the most helpful thing to know, the other persons blood type. most people dont know this but blood directly influences peoples demeanor... plus, you being a vampire, i am sure it matters even more.

and why can i only choose two out of the three on the tri?

Unknown said...

I feel as though we are on the verge of a scientific breakthrough. I am NOT a vampire, it is a common misconception.

Because there is absolutely no such thing as a man with all three qualities. ;)

Post a Comment